This is where the cow and the pig once lived, and a long time ago the breakfast milk came from here. For two decades we have been gently and lovingly restored it from a lowly stable to a lofty romantic retreat. And we hope to have it complete in 2014. We are creating this with our future guests in mind, and with thoughts about how special a ‘home from home’ can be.
- What luxuries make an ideal bathroom?
- What makes a bedroom relaxing and sensual?
- What could be the best thing about a sitting room?
- What about the view from the kitchen?
- How nice would it be to have a private outdoor space alongside the river?
- What about burning logs and the best way to heat the water?
All of these are design considerations, and will influence my thoughts over the coming months, when I am writing my blog on designing the ideal holiday home.